Wednesday 24 September 2014

Hi, I'm Keturah and I like to bake.

2 weeks into my first year of University I discovered that I had a gluten intolerance, which was pretty awful when you consider that bread and cake are just about my favourite things in the world. So, slowly, I set about making my own baked creations (with pretty disastrous consequences at first) and it became a love that continues to consume many of my spare hours (and bags of gluten-free self raising  flour) , as I go into the third year of my degree.

My latest challenge has been finding recipes that are both gluten free and vegan, to fit the requirements of me and my housemates and friends that don't usually get to enjoy elaborate or decadent cakes. Most recipes only cater for one kind of dietary requirements so I've been having to create my own - that's where the blog comes in! 

Baking a Difference will follow my attempts (both successful and completely catastrophic) to create new recipes and universally-edible bakes, interspersed with my many many opinions on just about everything. 

So here goes! Here's a couple of pictures of this week's bakes to give you an idea whats to come...

Vegan and Gluten free Golden Syrup Cupcakes! (recipe from Ms. Cupcake)
Vegan and gluten free mint chocolate chip cupcakes! (recipe from Ms. Cupcake)




No comments:

Post a Comment